February looks like a busy month---can't fit it all on the calendar - will have to schedule more in March!! Winter weather can be a good time to sit and sew!!! Finish those quilt projects you started last year...
Here is what is scheduled for the month - Please join us for events.
***Open Sew continues on Wed & Fridays, come to the shop with your sewing machine and work on any projects you want to do, will be there to assist with anything you want to try. 10:30 to ????? Last wed on the month, we go out for breakfast & then go to shop to sew. 2nd wed of the month---Quilters Soup for lunch. I make the meat/broth, you bring the can of soup, dump it together & wow!!! what a good soup for lunch!!!
***Handi quilter News: The new Amara longarm is set up in the shop for you to come & quilt on. Rearranged the entire shop, to give more room for quilting & have the fabric throughout the shop. The Amara is a 20 inch area for quilting & lots of new lights added to this model. Sales & Service for Longarm machines.
***Longarm Club - starting in March 1st meeting held on March 1, Thursday at 6:00pm This will be a monthly get together to have Longarm quilters share what they are quilting & have a demonstration/education each month. There are a lot of longarm quilters in the area & invite them to come and share. We can always learn from each other, many techniques and ideas of quilting. Don't have to have a handi quilter to come. Want to get this an active Longarm Club meeting monthly. At first month, we can discuss the best day/time to meet.
***Lancaster Quilt Show Bus Trip planned for March 23, Friday. Call the shop for details & sign up to join the group on the bus to travel to a neat Quilt Show in Lancaster.....
***February & March, there is a Cardinal theme to a lot of the patterns, Have a wall of Cardinal projects & will be scheduling lots of classes with Cardinals. Love the Winter Cardinals!!!.
Classes planned for February Projects hanging in the shop & will post pictures on Facebook for you to see.
1. Block of the Month is getting done. February & March will have their quilts done. Cottage Romance has been a fun quilt to make. Will be looking to start another Block of the Month in June. Need to choose a good pattern/fabric for this years Quilt Meeting this month Sat, Feb 3 & Thurs. Feb 8 11:00
2. Feb. 9 Friday 11:00 Stained Glass Wallhanging Cardinal and Lady Bug wallhangings are in the shop. Can choose from the patterns, will be teaching the technique of stained glass If you have never done this, something new to try. Use bias tape to outline the pattern pieces to make a creative picture on your wallhanging.
3. Feb 15 Thursday 11:00 Oxford Quilt Using the Quilting Treasures pattern & fabric. Kits cut & quilt hanging in the shop Pieced blocks to make a neat quilt, you will like to sew.
4. Feb 16 Friday 11:00 Cardinal Quilt Winters Song This has appliqued cardinals and 9 patch blocks to make a red/green quilt with Cardinals
5. Feb 17 Sat 11:00 Wedding Ring Paper Piecing Quilt Class finishing up their quilt they have been working on for past few months.
6. Feb 1 Thurs & Feb 24 Sat. 11:00 Stack and Whack Quilt Classes finishing up their Quilts they have been sewing together recently.
7. Feb 22 Thurs 11:00 Twister Tote. Using the Twister ruler, you will make a tote bag with twister design on the front Good one to learn how to do twister and have a new tote bag.
8. Feb 23 Friday 11:00 Bargello Quilt Stormy Trip I made mine with Batik fabric, but you can choose any fabric to make this Bargello quilt will have a variety of fabric, with different tones to make the strips/blocks
9 Feb 18 Sun 12:00 Tiki Bar Quilt " It's 5 o'clock somewhere" wallhanging. Got this pattern in Florida, when was visiting this year. Neat wallhanging---Tikii Bar. Applilque, with fish net and roof. Fun, different project.
Groups that meet monthly You are welcome to join these groups. they are open to have new members!!!
----Feb. 11 Sunday 12:00 Unbelievable Class group that were in a fundamental class, that are now sewing monthly Last month make potato bags, microwave bowls, This month make a Squedge Tablerunner. If you have never made a Squedge, Join us
---- Feb 18 12:00 Fun & Mental Group Meeting monthly, choose different projects each month. Open to new members
---- Feb 25 12:00 Sassy Sewers Girls group So much fun to see these girls sew a projects This month did Valentines pillows, For February, going to choose an Easter project???
Wishing you all a Happy Valentines Day!!! Looking forward to you joining us for some events in Februay/March. Always looking for your ideas & Bring Show & Tell to the shop, we always want to see your projects. Quilting never gets old, always something New!!!